Cooking at Home,
with Chef Sean!
first off, thank you for sharing in my turkey kit!
it's exciting to be able to bring a meal like this to you at home, and i look forward to sharing many more kits and recipes as the grocer evolves. let's get started!
in your package you'll find:
- sous vide turkey breast with dijonaise and gremolata
- sage and apple stuffing
- duchess potatoes
- roasted heirloom carrots with honey vinaigrette and pumpkin seed dukkah
- roasted brussel sprouts with pecorino romano
- country gravy
- cranberry sauce
allow all your kit items to temper at room temperature for an hour before reheating or allow an extra 10-15 minutes of cooking time. i've kept things very straight forward with this kit and all you should really have to manage is the timing. if you have a nice bottle of wine, open it now. might as well have a glass while we cook ~
- 1 large pot of simmering water to reheat your turkey breast
- oven preheated to 400f
- 1 small pot to reheat your country gravy
- leave turkey in the vacuum sealed bag and reheat in your simmering water for 10-12 minutes. you’re going to finish the turkey in the oven so the purpose of the water bath is to gently heat through the turkey and not dry or toughen the protein. to finish the turkey, remove from the water, cut the bag open, pat dry with a paper towel. cover top of your turkey with the dijonaise and crust with the gremolata pressing it into the top. bake at 400f for 10 minutes and serve.
sage and apple stuffing
- remove the plastic lid and cover with aluminum foil, reheat in your oven at 400f for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
- remove the plastic lid and cover with aluminum foil, reheat at 400f for 15 minutes. for the last 5 minutes remove the foil and let the surface crust over.
roasted heirloom carrots with honey vinaigrette and pumpkin seed dukkah
- remove the plastic lid and two ramekins from the container. cover with foil and reheat in the oven at 400f for 10 minutes. for the last 2 minutes remove the foil, dress carrots with vinaigrette and dukkah, and finish in the oven until heated through.
roasted brussels sprouts with pecorino romano
- remove the plastic lid and cover with foil. place in the oven at 400f for 10 minutes, remove foil top and place back in the oven for 2-5 minutes until heated through.
- reheat in a small pot add a little water at the bottom of the pot (75ml) then add the gravy, bring up to a boil and serve. if it’s a little thin, simmer for a couple of minutes and if it’s thicker than you prefer add a little more water.